Our History, Values & Mission
Ace Rental Cars is an established deep-value car rental company with a history spanning back 30 years. Founded in 1987 in Auckland, New Zealand as Ace Tourist Rentals (NZ) Ltd. by John Chatterley and Warrick Purdie, Ace identified the consumer need for an alternative to the high-priced multi-national car rental brands to serve the budget-focused domestic and inbound travel market. The initial fleet comprised of just two second-hand Toyotas.
By the late 90’s with a growing fleet and opportunity for expansion, John’s son Michael purchased a major shareholding and Ace extended its branches to cover Auckland City, Auckland Airport, Wellington, Picton, Christchurch Airport, and Queenstown. The network later expanded to include broker offices to service Dunedin.
In 2003 Ace seized the opportunity to expand operations to Australia, opening a branch in Sandgate, Brisbane, strategically positioned halfway between the CBD and the Airport. With 50% of travellers into Brisbane International airport arriving from New Zealand, the brand was well received and a satellite branch was added to service the Gold Coast Airport.
In 2011 Hertz International purchased Ace as a wholly-owned subsidiary, providing the parent company a new brand in Australia and New Zealand for the off-airport car rental market and ensuring the vision of ongoing growth for the brand.
Ace Rental Cars now operate seventeen branches across fifteen cities throughout Australia and New Zealand. In addition to the core fleet of older vehicles, the company also provide a Premium fleet, featuring brand new vehicles with creature comforts such as Bluetooth and Cruise Control at an attractive price, as Ace sticks to its mission of providing the best value in car rental in Australia and New Zealand
Ace Rental Cars Awarded Qualmark Gold
Qualmark is New Zealand tourism’s official quality assurance organisation, providing a trusted guide to quality travel experiences.
When you see a business displaying the Qualmark symbol you know it meets strict quality standards, environmental criteria, health & wellbeing and social.
The Qualmark helps you to identify top-rated companies in their industries and allows you to have full confidence and trust that the company you are dealing with is at the highest level of quality and service.
Find out more about Qualmark at www.qualmark.co.nz
Ace Rental Car Values
To provide customers with a "why would you go anywhere else" proposition for rental cars in New Zealand and Australia
Ace Rental Cars is Committed to being the market leader for the supply of affordable, modern rental vehicles in New Zealand and Australia We will provide exceptional customer experiences and financial benefit by placing a relentless focus on simplicity
Innovative, efficient and uncomplicated
Clean, invigorating and pleasantly different
Enjoyable, safe and secure workplace
Conduct business as if you are the owner
Open, honest communication and feedback
Honesty and Fairness
Canstar Blue Awards Most Satisfied Customers Award Winner
Ace Rental Cars Canstar 2013 Winners
You can find out more on the Canstar Website
Rent The Experience
A car’s a car. A moving metallic shell capable of travelling at relatively high speeds from one point to another, safely harbouring people and said people’s material goods en route. It’s a means of getting from A to B, a functional requirement, a literal vehicle to something much bigger. An experience.
An experience is something that helps to deﬁne us, that inspires us, that makes us more alive, more human. It’s a breath of mountain fresh air. The feel of a wind on our face. The ﬁltered orange glow of a breaking dawn. The pulse-racing rush of adrenaline, the quivering anticipation of a journey unknown.
An experience is something that validates our sense of who we are. It becomes weaved into the fabric of our existence. It can be brought to mind on a whim to help us escape to a better time. It lives on in us. Forever.
Ace Rentals Cars. Rent the experience.
Why you should rent a car from Ace Rentals Cars
All Ace New Zealand car rentals include…
How are Ace’s rental cars so affordable?
- We operate a simple but large fleet of vehicles aged brand new to a few years old.
- Our branches are outside of airport terminals with a complimentary customer shuttle
- We do everything we can to keep our costs down
We save money & we pass on the savings to you! Book now & save.
What kind of rental cars can I hire from Ace in NZ?
- Super Saver – a mix of makes and models. These cars are 10+ years old and/or 180K to 220 KMs. They’re well maintained and if you are on a tight budget and looking for a cheap rental car they are the perfect choice - check out our How to save on car rental on your New Zealand road trip
- Value Categories – our great value options: hatchbacks, sedans, station wagons, SUVs
- Standard Categories – our newest fleet with features such as Bluetooth, Cruise Control, and so much more
I need a rental car in New Zealand. How do I get the best price on my car rental?
- Look at our deals page for current promo codes and special offers on rental cars
- Try to travel and book during non-peak periods
- Book in advance
Where can I rent a car with Ace in New Zealand and Australia?
- We have full-service branches in Auckland City, Auckland Airport, Wellington Airport, Christchurch Airport, Queenstown Airport, and Picton Interislander Ferry Terminal. You can also rent a car from our partner office in Dunedin Airport.
- Rent a car with us in Australia in Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns Airport, Cairns CBD, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth.